Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: top 5 current NFL TE's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    top 5 current NFL TE's

    what is your list? This list use to be pretty easy. you would pick 2 then everyone else. now there is a huge list of great TE's in the league. in a few years the Hall Of Fame will be including a lot of TE's. what is there now, 2 in the hall? Ditka and Winslow???
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    Right now:

    1. Jason Witten
    2. Antonio Gates
    3. Tony Gonzalez
    4. Owen Daniels
    5. Dallas Clark

    Winslow Jr, Miller, and Davis could flip in with Daniels or Clark too.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    my top five;

    1. Jason Witten
    2. Tony Gonzalez
    3. Kellen Winslow
    4. Antonio Gates
    5. Dallas Clark

    Chris Cooley, Miller in OAK, Daniels in HOU, Davis in SF, the list goes on.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    It's easy to make up my mind on the top three. After that, I can't seem to make up my mind.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    Zack Miller's easily in the top 2....no question.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member truesportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    I can't believe no one has mentioned Heath Miller
    LIFE IS A SPORT

  7. #7
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Zack Miller's easily in the top 2....no question.
    I don't think he is better than Witten/Gonzalez/Gates YET. He's gonna be up there somewhere though. Right now, I don't know if I would have him as being in the top five. There are a couple of guys so close its hard to figure that out. He isn't on that elite level like the other three are though. Give him more time/better team and I'm sure he could be.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    John Carlson is one of the best tightends in the league. Not on a great team, and is a very reliable player. I'd have him on my team any day. I'd take him over Witten, and put him up against anybody in the league. Better quarterback, and he's pro bowl every year.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    John Carlson is one of the best tightends in the league. Not on a great team, and is a very reliable player. I'd have him on my team any day. I'd take him over Witten, and put him up against anybody in the league. Better quarterback, and he's pro bowl every year.
    Nah, not even close.
    I watch SEA more than other teams, they play in the same division as the niners, but carlson is not in the upper elite level yet. hes not capable of dominating a game yet like gates or gonzalez can.

    he is top 10, but not top 5 yet.
    itd be different if hasselbeck wasnt a good QB, he is. hes a top 15 NFL QB, no doubt.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: top 5 current NFL TE's

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Zack Miller's easily in the top 2....no question.

    That may have been the slowest TD in NFL history yesterday. He ran down the field like a molasses dripping off a jar. It took forever.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •